nsomnia is a very common sleep disorder which affects approximately 20% of the population. The common symptoms for insomnia are the following:
- Have trouble to fall sleep
- Have trouble keeping asleep: always waking up a number of times in one night
- Wakes up too early
- During the day, he will be sleepy, anxious, lose concentration and memory and irritable.
Short-term insomnia lasts only for a couple of days to several weeks and affects those who have the following symptoms:
- Changes in noise levels in his environment
- Changes in the temperature
- Changes of routine caused by events like a jet lag
- Medical side effects from taking drugs
Chronic insomnia lasts for more than a month or even years. This is caused by a number of factors like having mental or physical problems. It can also be caused by behavioural factors like drinking excessive amounts of caffeine and alcohol or shifting in your work which disrupts your normal routine.